The clock is ticking on the BC First-Time New Home Buyers’ Bonus. It is a one-time bonus payment worth up to $10,000 for first-time new home buyers in BC, but it expires March 31st, 2013. This means that to qualify, ownership or possession of a new home must be completed before April 1st, 2013.
“We have 4 homes right now that are ready for occupancy and can meet the tight deadline before the expiry of the $10,000 government incentive and this is really the icing on the cake for a first time buyers of a Woodland Creek home,” says Blair Robertson co-owner of Totangi Properties the developer of Woodland Creek, winner of the 2012 CARE Award for Best New Subdivision and Built Green Builder of the Year. Our homes are Energuide rated +80 which also qualifies them for special financing rebates from CMHC for energy efficient homes. In addition, the geothermal heating and air conditioning saves home owners over $1,000 a year in energy costs and reduces carbon emissions. We think it is the smartest value proposition in todays real estate market.”
Award winning Woodland Creek homes have also earned the Power Smart designation and are Built Green Certified Gold. All combined, this means new home buyers can be assured they are making a wise investment and one that will have a lasting value when it comes to resale. New homes built by 2012 Built Green Builder of the Year SC Smith Building Co, complete with fenced and landscaped yards and loaded with features start at $369,900 net HST.
Learn how to take advantage of this opportunity by contacting our sales team at Woodland Creek.
Details for the new program are as follow:
ELIGIBLE FIRST-TIME NEW HOME BUYER
You will qualify as a first-time new home buyer if:
- You purchase or build an eligible new home located in B.C.;
- You, or for couples, you and your spouse or common law partner, have never previously owned a primary residence;
- You file a 2011 B.C. resident personal income tax return, or if you move to B.C. after December 31, 2011, you file a 2012 B.C. resident personal income tax return (you will not be eligible for the bonus if you move to B.C. after December 31, 2012);
- You are eligible for the B.C. HST New Housing Rebate; and
- You intend to live in the home as your primary residence.
ELIGIBLE NEW HOME
An eligible new home includes new homes (i.e., newly constructed and substantially renovated homes) that are purchased from a builder and that are owner-built. The bonus will be available in respect of new homes purchased from a builder where:
- A written agreement of purchase and sale is entered into on or after February 21, 2012;
- HST is payable on the home (e.g., HST will generally be payable if ownership or possession of the home transfers before April 1, 2013 – see further details below); and
- No one else has claimed a bonus in respect of the home.
About Totangi Properties Ltd. and Woodland Creek
Totangi Properties is a locally-owned and operated property development and land management company established in 1968. Brothers Warren and Blair Robertson work closely with a talented team of local professionals and the District of Sooke in the creation of Woodland Creek and are committed to creating affordable, high-quality residential properties with lasting homeowner value.
For more information, visit www.totangi.ca.